• 2 large baking potatoes
• ½ pound lean bacon
• ¾ cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
• ½ cup sour cream
• ¼ cup milk
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
• Poke a few holes into each potato using a toothpick.
• Bake potatoes in the preheated oven until fully cooked, about 1 hour. Cool for about 15 minutes.
• Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the Bacon slices on paper towels and crumble.
• Cut a thin slice from one side of each potato; carefully scoop out the flesh and transfer to a bowl. Discard skins. Mix 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, sour cream, milk, butter, chives, salt, black pepper and garlic powder with potatoes. Spread potato mixture into the prepared casserole dish; top with ¾ cheddar cheese and crumble bacon.
• Bake in the preheated oven until just bubbling, 20to 25 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving