Hello there! Hungry but in a hurry? Here is a time-saving meal you can prepare. Enjoy!
• 1 cup wheat
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1 6-ounce slice smoked turkey (3/4 inch thick), skin removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 1/2 cup diced smoked cheese, Cheddar (hard cheese; can be gotten from any mall)
• 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
• 1 large lettuce, chopped
• 1 ripe but firm avocado, diced
• 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (cut into small, thin, narrow pieces)
Place wheat in a medium saucepan, add enough water to cover by 2 inches and bring to a boil. Stir, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 to 25 minutes uncovered, until the wheat is the desired tenderness. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, shallots and pepper in a large bowl. Add the wheat, turkey, cheese, bell pepper, celery, avocado and sun-dried tomatoes; toss to coat.