- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 11/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup barbecue (BBQ) sauce, divided
- 1 crusty butter or sugar bread
To a large mixing bowl, add chicken, 11/4 cups mozzarella cheese, onion, cilantro, and 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce. Stir well to combine. Add a tiny bit more barbecue sauce if the mixture seems too dry.
Cut the top edge of the bread loaf off and hollow out 11/2 inches deep to create a well for the filling. Spoon the BBQ chicken mixture into the loaf. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce.
Place on a baking tray and bake at 325 F degrees for about 20 minutes or until warmed through.